FiberTracking and Functional Software
Tumor cases are more complex when they are located near areas of the brain responsible for vital functions. To preserve these functions as much as possible, it is crucial to map their position in the outer brain gray matter as well as the fibers that invisibly connect these areas to the body via the brain’s white matter structures.
iPlan® FiberTracking and iPlan® BOLD MRI Mapping are software modules that enable post-processing of specific data sets, turning them into clinically relevant information for pre-planning, which then seamlessly integrates with neuronavigation.
- Full integration of raw DICOM Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) data for fiber tracking and BOLD MRI data for mapping
- Generation of 3D structures for use with neuronavigation
- Compatible with iPlan® Cranial, iPlan® Stereotaxy and iPlan® RT
iPlan´s intuitive interface enables neurosurgeons to use DTI data to create comprehensive treatment plans quickly and easily. Displaying critical fiber tracking information in 3D during surgery enables more refined surgical approaches.
- Automatic detection of diffusion directions
- Various options for definition of region of interest for fiber tracking
- Overlay of fiber tracking information to other anatomical or functional images
iPlan post-processes BOLD (Blood Oxygen Level Dependent) functional MRI data to enhance anatomical images with functional maps showing motoric and speech areas. This patient-specific identification of critical areas leads to more refined surgical approaches and easier localization of functional areas on the brain surface during surgery.
- Automatic detection of functional activations
- Flexible definition of different functional paradigms
- Overlay of BOLD MRI information to other anatomical or functional images